question

Chandler Hoisington avatar image
Chandler Hoisington asked

BMV-712 Setup Marine Master

Hey All,

I'm sure there are a ton of questions on this subject, but it's honestly because the Victron interface is made for electrical engineers and not your weekend RV improvement warriors like myself.

I read a lot of the manual and I am still worried I have it setup wrong.

My batter is a Marine Master by Deka. https://www.eastpennmanufacturing.com/wp-content/uploads/Marine-Master-Spec-Sheet-0194.pdf DC24 the 9th row down there.

My settings are:

Battery Capacity: 75AH (this is based on the 20HR CAP column from the link above)

Charged Voltage: 13.2V (default from the manual)
Discharge Floor: 50% (default from the manual)
Tail current: 4% (default from the manual)
Charged detection time: 3m (default from the manual)
Peukert exponent: 1.25 (default... this is just so annoying that Victron is literally giving me an equation and a hard to find calculator to download.... are you serious????)
Charge efficiency factor: 95% (default)
Current threshold: 0.10A
Time to go averaging period: 3m

My question is, does that look right to the electrical engineers on here? Or should I go get my degree and check back in 4 years to see if this is right?

BMV Battery Monitor
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Chandler Hoisington avatar image Chandler Hoisington commented ·

A screenshot of what I ended up with. I'm not sure if this is right, but I guess time will tell....

img-2804.png

0 Likes 0 ·
img-2804.png (381.6 KiB)
1 Answer
klim8skeptic avatar image
klim8skeptic answered ·

A very good BMV instructional video.

The only thing to add is to ask what is charging the battery. The "charged voltage" can be a bit higher with solar only.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Chandler Hoisington avatar image Chandler Hoisington commented ·

Thanks! The battery is on a small RV trailer, so it could be shore power or it could be powered from the towing vehicle.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Victron BMV battery monitors product page

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic