question

achim-1 avatar image
achim-1 asked

Mppt and charger

MPPT and charger

Im using an mppt in parallel to an dc charger, the charger is going into standby without the batteries 2 x 220ah are full loaded. Think the charger looks for the voltage only and goes into standby, because the Voltage from the MPPT . Any idea idea how to work around this issue?

in the Victron MPPT I can set stop loading…but for maintains only, can I use this without issues for a longer time, so let working only the charger if I have power available?

MPPT 75/10 setting
Load 14,4V
Float 13,8 V

Charger setting Gel
Load 14,4V
Float 13,2V or 13,8 not sure from the manual…

Gel Batterie 440ah

mppt charging
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
raphael avatar image
raphael answered ·

You can program the Charge voltages of the MPPT with the victron connect app. Connect to bluetooth or with a VE.Direct to USB cable and a computer.
Please be more accurate in order to receive better instructions.
Which Battery Chemestry do you use, which MPPT do you have and which DC charger do you have and which Charging voltages are programmed?

When there is enough sun for the MPPT to reach the Absorption voltage of your battery, then you don't need the DC Charge anymore, right? When the voltages are set correctly, then you should have a fully charged battery after some minutes or hours in absorption mode, dependig on your battery chemestry.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic