question

njordan avatar image
njordan asked

Adding Pylontech US2000C

I have a Multiplus II installation v459 with venusGX and 2 existing Pylontech US2000. Now a new US2000C is installed soon. Some questions still before i will do the installation.

* Is it important to update the Multiplus?

* Pylontech said that the C-Model needs to be the master and the others as slave.

* Is it correct that the CAN-Bus cable needs an update in terms of Pin1-3 should not be linked anymore between Pylontech Master and VenusGX ?

Kind Regards

Norbert

Pylontech
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Jack Peters avatar image
Jack Peters answered ·

Yes, it is recommended to update all firmwares and fully recommission the system when making a significant change like this.

Yes, the C model needs to be the master.

The C model uses the Victron CANBUS Type A cable, not the Type B that the US2000 used.

5 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

dennis avatar image dennis commented ·

I am using the B cable connected to US2000C and it is working!

Thats because i got an replacement battery from pylontech and this was a new C Model. Before i only had B Models. So i connected the existing B Cable to the C-Model Battery and it was working normal.

0 Likes 0 ·
Jack Peters avatar image Jack Peters dennis commented ·

Using a Type-B cable can lead to a loss of communications or corrupted data being transferred in some cases. I have seen it both "appear to work" and also not function on different systems.

0 Likes 0 ·
dennis avatar image dennis Jack Peters commented ·

I will change this asap.

Did not notice, that the c model needs the A Cable in the past :-)

0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ dennis commented ·

This was added to the compatibility page in December last year.

The B cable will work with the C module but with the A cable you will get more informations from the battery.

0 Likes 0 ·
bkvanduk avatar image bkvanduk Jack Peters commented ·
What do you mean it can lead to loss of communication? How can I check it?
0 Likes 0 ·
njordan avatar image
njordan answered ·

Thanks a lot. Jesus - why can't they keep things easy. How did the Type A-Cable change from the Type B-Cable.....is this the rumor'ed pin1-3 issue i read in a techrelease.

Would that work to simply remove / cut wire 1-3 from a typeB-cable???

Do you have maybe a wire coloring of a type B-cable so the cutting less of a lottery :-)

1 comment
2 |3000