question

CristiMV avatar image
CristiMV asked

Limit Charge Power - setting missing on ESS

I know that was already asked several times, but the solution is still missing.

The "Limit Charge Power" is missing from ESS menu, and if I got it right, this was the only solution to avoid charging batteries from grid, or, to set a certain limit. I know that there is an option in DVCC to limit the charge current, but this affects overall the charging, including the current drawn from a PV-tied grid inverter. In previous questions, disabling the DVCC was making the option to appear in ESS. Still in my case, using Pylontech batteries, I need DVCC on.

So, what is the solution to have the Limit Charge Power back on, regardless if DVCC is on or off?

Thanks

battery chargingESS
4 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Rob Duthie avatar image Rob Duthie commented ·

Hi

Do you have optimized without battery life on? or is it on as this will effect the charging from the grid.

I have the same system as you and it is set to charge from the PV only etc.

Regards

Rob D

NZ

0 Likes 0 ·
CristiMV avatar image CristiMV Rob Duthie commented ·

Hi Rob and thanks for the feedback.

My system is set to Optimized (without batterylife) as I'm discharging up to 50-60%. With Batterylife I cannot go below 80%. In most of the cases, I'm charging the batteries from the solar, but exceptionally, if there are more cloudy days for example, and the batteries are low, maybe I would like to charge them from the grid and to ensure the backup in case the grid fails. This is not happening so often anymore, the grid is more and more stable, but you never know.

Cristi

0 Likes 0 ·
Rob Duthie avatar image Rob Duthie CristiMV commented ·

Hi

You can setup scheduled charging under ESS settings for any time frame. For Pylontech batteries you must use the DVCC control as per there warranty requirements.

Regards

Rob D

NZ

0 Likes 0 ·
CristiMV avatar image CristiMV Rob Duthie commented ·

I know about that possibility. The thing is I don't want to charge them from grid by default, every day, between certain hours. I just want to be able, when needed to do so on the spot, and to be able to limit the power taken from the grid.

0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

You could use a combination of Grid set point and scheduled charging

If you set the grid set point low say 200w and then set the MIN SOC say 20% (in my case) then there is no charging from the grid and if the SOC falls to 20% then all power is taken from the grid, NO charging though

I then use scheduled charging to fill the batteries if required during off peak power or what ever

Dont know if this is of help for you

1618490767352.png

1618490767352.png (20.0 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

CristiMV avatar image
CristiMV answered ·

Thanks Paul. This could be an approach, not a direct one, but still could do the work.

2 |3000