question

tpwchr avatar image
tpwchr asked

¿How much would you discharge your Pylontech's to keep warranty?

New US3000C claim up to 95% discharge, but, is this compatible with the 10 year warranty that they claim? I heard it's better not to discharge them more than 50% to keep them "healthy".

What is your limit to trigger the grid or generator?

What is the limit to have 10 year warranty?

Thanks

Pylontech
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@tpwchr

I cant comment on DOD as I have not seen a system do 6000 cycles discharged to 90% DOD. But they do say their batteries can do it. If you do that every day once a day for 16 years that is 6000 cycles.

But the warranty voids I have seen are guys installing a bank too small for their inverters, so exceeding discharge limits or exceeding the charge current limit for the bank installed. It can in some cases cause catastrophic failures.

If you have stuck to the installation guidelines you will be fine using it within their recommended limits. We have never seen serious issues in banks like that.

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/battery_compatibility:pylontech_phantom

I personally don't like getting lower than 50%, so that is the trigger I use, but that's more personal preference anyway.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.