question

dcarter avatar image
dcarter asked

Victron Smart LiFePO4 12.8V 200-AH Battery BMS Cables Damaged

I have a new Victron Smart LiFePO4 12.8V 200-AH Battery and moving it around I damaged the end of the integrated BMS cable. The threaded collar pulled apart and clearly needs to be rep[laced. How do I make this happen???

Thanks in advance!

-Doug

BMS
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @DCarter,

if you're into do it yourself, get some 3-pole M8 connectors (female or male, depending on what you need) and replace the damaged one. This is fairly easy to do.

If not, the only way is to contact your dealer and have it repaired. I don't think this is covered by the warranty.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

dcarter avatar image dcarter commented ·

Thank you Stephanie! I was kinda looking at that solution. Just confirmed with the Victron reseller that this type of damage is not covered under warrantee and they could not even give me any suggestions, least they loose their Victron license. Frustrating but not surprising. It does seem strange that a $2,500 battery can be "bricked" by accidently damaging a fragile $15 connector, right?

0 Likes 0 ·
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ dcarter commented ·

I've also a couple of Smart Lithiums. Because they were pretty expensive, I took extra care not to damage anything. I can't comment on this specific connector because I've never damaged one of them, but in the end it can happen to every device, be it Victron or any other brand.

Every professional electrician will replace the damaged connector in no time. Good luck.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic