question

tschoeki avatar image
tschoeki asked

Monitoring individual consumers with Cerbo GX

Hi community :)

Today I came across the SCQ25 QUADRO DIGITAL SHUNT MODULE from SIMARINE (https://simarine.net/product/scq25-quadro-digital-shunt-module/) This module can monitor up to 4 different consumers like AC, fridge, etc. to monitor their individual loads on the system. So, I was wondering - is there is any solution from or that works with the Victron Cerbo GX?

Could find any topic in the forum so decided to ask right away :)

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Chargercerbo gxmonitoring
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @tschoeki,

one way to achieve this is to have a BMV/Smart Shunt for each load you want to measure individually. This works out of the box, but is more on the expensive side.

Another approach is to use a Raspberry Pi or Arduino and set up hall effect sensors to measure current from your devices.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mbischa avatar image
mbischa answered ·

I have a BMV-712 with a VE-direct cable to a Cerbo GX and a couple of Temperature sensors and I would love to have a Monitor to show the loads of a few devices and save them via the Cerboto to VRM. Any chance there is something coming?

2 |3000

gepardungen avatar image
gepardungen answered ·

I have also a need of monitor the load of different devices. To spend the money on a smartshunt for each load is not a realistic alternative due to the price and the fact that it is a little bit overkill. Would be great to know if there is anything in the release plan from Victron on this:-)

2 |3000

David Marks avatar image
David Marks answered ·

Any chance there is an update to this feature request from last year?

3 comments
2 |3000

Hi @dmarks,

As mentioned by @Stefanie - the current solution for DC loads is the DC load monitor mode for smart shunts, and AC load mode for AC Energy meters.

0 Likes 0 ·
togopg avatar image togopg Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ commented ·

Dear Mr Stewart,

I have the same question as @tschoeki .

I have an installation that supplies two businesses.

I have an electricity meter at the beginning of the "export control" system

But when I installed a second electricity meter to control the "energy flow" to one of the consumption. the system includes these values in the total consumption (which is not correct).

both power meters are CG EM530 connected to separate USB channels of the CERBO GX.

- One electricity meter has Grid Meter settings.

- The second electricity meter has AC Load settings

BR Todor

0 Likes 0 ·
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ togopg commented ·

Hi @togopg,

An energy meter configured as an AC load meter, like in your case for the second meter, is not used for any calculations, only for monitoring. So it is to be expected that this will be reflected in the total consumption.

See also the AC load monitoring section in the GX device manual.

1 Like 1 ·