question

daveybdublin avatar image
daveybdublin asked

Cerbo GX Gas Alarm Question

New to this so please bear with me.

Does anyone have any thoughts on configuring a gas alarm with solenoid shut off valve via the digital inputs and relay port on the Cerbo GX? I'm looking at a gas alarm setup (BEP Gas Detector) with two sensors and solenoid but its working out very expensive, £300+. Wondering if there may be a better way to use a simple gas detector and solenoid (gas rated) for this with the Cerbo GX?

cerbo gxVenus GX - VGXRelay
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Kevin Windrem avatar image
Kevin Windrem answered ·

Why not just connect the gas detector directly to the solenoid?

You could connect the gas detector up to a Venus digital input and have that sound an alarm but there's nothing specific for such an input. The digital inputs could maybe trigger a generic alarm relay but that would include other alarms (like low battery voltage).

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

daveybdublin avatar image daveybdublin commented ·

I could connect the alarm to the solenoid directly, but I was thinking about whether it would be possible to route via the GX and using the portal as a remote shut off switch for gas supply if needed...

0 Likes 0 ·