question

higueyano avatar image
higueyano asked

Inverter system

I purchased this system (https://dakotalithium.com/product/dakota-lithium-12v-200ah-battery-plus-zamp-solar-panel-and-victron-bundle/) with an additional 170w solar panel. I will be running a cooper and Hunter mini split 12,000 btu at 120v. considering misc items plugged in for charging what size (kw) electric water heater can I get away with. Also the inverter can be switched to put out 240 @ 60Hz. With that being change will I still be able to operate the mini split. I can get additional 100Ah batteries if needed. Please help.

solar
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
cleaver avatar image
cleaver answered ·

I can only run my a/c in my RV for approx 4 hrs on 550ah of lithium and over 1200w of solar. my Inverter pulls over 100amp from batteries while a/c compressor is running.

my a/c is a 15k btu. I wouldn't even consider a water heater on battery without a huge amount of ah and solar to actually have batteries charged fully when sun went down.

I run a MultiPlus 12/3000/120. And being in Canada I only get approx 60-70amp charge from solar on a good day. And best I've recorded is is 3.5Kw from sun in a day. Avg is usually closer to 2Kw.

I think the a/c and water heater would leave you with low batteries when nightfall came. Depending on how much the components cycled on/off

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

higueyano avatar image higueyano commented ·

thanks for your input.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic