question

billknny avatar image
billknny asked

Graphana access to VRM or SD Card data

I have worked through the installation of Docker and Graphana, and it is a great tool, and I can see and explore everything in real time, just as I had hoped.

But... I am hoping there is a bit more available than I have found so far, and I have a couple of capability questions.

* Can I see/download data from VRM into the Graphana/Docker dashboard system?

* Can I see/download data that has been saved on the SD card in the GX device in Graphana?

In other words, is there a way to use Graphana to dashboard data that was collected while my computer was not on the local network with the GX device?

grafana
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mauri avatar image mauri commented ·

Would be very good to have "Load from VRM to InfluxDB" option in connection configuration, or even make it constantly append the InfluxDB from VRM. Now Influx db does have lot's of gaps in data.

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
billknny avatar image
billknny answered ·

@mauri, The existing Victron description and supplied code can access the VRM system and use it to continuously update InfluxDB, and that works, and works well.

I haven't figured out if there is a way to collect OLD data from either the VRM system or the records stored on the SD card and move it to InfluxDB. There must be, but it's past what I know!

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mauri avatar image mauri commented ·

Having access to historical data in VRM database would definitely be improvement, then we would get benefit from GX devices ability to store data locally when connectivity is missing, and upload when the internet connection is again available.

Here is example from current data from this morning, filling is off to show missing data points:

grafana.jpg

Gaps as shown here are not that serious, just here to show the principle. From time to time gaps for some measurements can be much longer. If the installation is moving, for example in boat, continuous updating may not always work that well.

0 Likes 0 ·
grafana.jpg (117.6 KiB)

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic