question

jimbtv avatar image
jimbtv asked

Grafana Dashboard File Location

I have installed a local instance of Grafana on my computer and modified the dashboard to reflect my solar installation. Yesterday I was prompted to do a Docker update and now I cannot run the localhost:8088 address. Starting the Docker dashboard comes up with "no container found" . My thought was to renistall the Grafana container but I expect it will overwrite the dashboard file. I have backups of previous days and thought I might copy my old dashboard into the new installation but I don't know where the dashboard is located. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

grafana
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Scott Bender avatar image
Scott Bender answered ·

Upgrading docker would not normally delete your containers. They are probably just not running. Try executing the ‘docker-compose up —detach’ command again.

3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

jimbtv avatar image jimbtv commented ·

Thanks Scott for the response. That was the first thing I tried but I get the following:

ERROR: no matching manifest for windows/amd64 10.0.18363 in the manifest list entries

then the process stops. Looking at the yaml file I cannot figure out the reference. That was why I thought I'd reinstall Docker.

I am still down for now.

PS: I'm still learning the Community's posting process so please duplicate responses.

0 Likes 0 ·
Scott Bender avatar image Scott Bender jimbtv commented ·

I think you have docker setup for Windows containers. Switch to Linux containers.

“ From the Docker Desktop menu, you can toggle which daemon (Linux or Windows) the Docker CLI talks to. Select Switch to Windows containersto use Windows containers, or select Switch to Linux containers to use Linux containers (the default).”

0 Likes 0 ·
jimbtv avatar image jimbtv Scott Bender commented ·

I'm up and running again but confused. I followed your instructions but it appeared I was already using Windows containers because the only option available was to switch to Linux containers. Just for kicks I switched to Linux containers and my project appeared. I then restarted all the containers and everything started running again. I'm guessing I inadvertently created the original dashboard as a Linux container on a Windows platform. For now I will leave things as they are and chalk it up as a learning experience.

Thank you Scott for pointing me in the right direction.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic