question

llubi avatar image
llubi asked

Raspberry Pi as MASTER of Cerbo GX SLAVE

Hello,

I’m installing the Cerbo in my campervan, as it was finished before Cerbo exists I don’t have any way to send the HDMI cable to the GX Touch placement, so I tried:

2 super expensive HDMI to RJ45 adapters

1 cheap HDMI to RJ45 adapter

3 HDMI to 2xRJ45 adapters

4 HDMI with screws to “manufacture” my own cables

Never worked, I’m guessing because:

I‘m not using real RJ45 cables just made them with the cables already in the van, and

The adapters are not bi-directional, so touch information is not going back to the Cerbo.

So, my next idea is to use a Rpi with the 7“ touchscreen with Venus OS installed to control the Cerbo GX using RJ45 as a connection.

is that anyway possible?

Thanks!

cerbo gxwiringgx devicehdmi
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
gro avatar image
gro answered ·

I’d expect that the Cerbo will be configured as a master in order to take control of all other devices. I doubt you will be able to make the cerbo behave like a slave just be connecting a cable to it.

Perhaps you should expand on what you are trying to do.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Kevin Windrem avatar image
Kevin Windrem answered ·

You can certainly run a web browser on the PI and pull up the Venus GUI with that. There are posts here that describe how to eliminate the virtual hard buttons.

Another thing to try is using a different HDMI touch screen that uses USB to communicate touch back to Cerbo. I think someone had success with that. You may need to install touch drivers. Look at the RPI setup docs for more info on the touch setup. I say "try" because I'm not sure it will work.

You could also run Venus on a Raspberry PI and connect all your devices via USB adapters. You still have the challenge of getting HDMI to a display

2 |3000

silicastormthai avatar image
silicastormthai answered ·

Can the Cerbo GX be the Master and allow the RPi touchscreen viewing functionality?

2 |3000