question

Steve Byrne avatar image
Steve Byrne asked

Intermittent measurement rate through Grafana /

I'm experimenting with Grafana on both PC and RPi, and it can work well, no problems accessing anything from DBus. The issue I am seeing is that it will return data every few seconds for a period of anything from 10 mins - 40 mins and then nothing. The measurement rate drops off to nothing, I get a gap or 1 or more hours in the data and then it picks up again and off it goes.

There's no pattern emerging, so I am wondering what might be causing this. When it works, it works great. Network seems fine, database is running, CCGX is online, everything connected and I can see it producing data via the VRM without any issues.

I'd appreciate any thoughts on this.

modificationsgrafana
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Steve Byrne avatar image
Steve Byrne answered ·

Answering my own question - this was caused by the CCGX having insufficient processing power to cope with everything connected as well as run the MQTT service. I experimented first with a Raspberry Pi 4 which worked well, and now a Cerbo GX which runs everything with no problems at all.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Experiments, Modifications and Adaptions. Mods (Modifications) can be made to Victron Software by the Community. Please use the modifications space for enthusiasts who want to push what is possible, without official Victron Support.

Getting Started with Victron & Grafana Dashboard - Part 1Part 2 - Setting up the Dashboard

NOTE - Click here for more posts about Grafana - as they may be hidden