question

Al avatar image
Al asked

Will the Battery Balancers work across 2 x 24v Strings?

Hi,

Would the Battery Balancer work across the two parallel 24v strings, or does it only work across 12v strings?

I will soon replace my current 24v bank with a 48v bank (2v cells) and plan to turn it into 2 x 24v parallel strings.

The datasheet doesn't show my scenario, but unless it needs a 12v supply on one of the leads I think it may work?

With the Battery Balancer leads:

24+ on one strings +

0v on other strings +

Common on combined -

Would that work?

Battery Balancer
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

The Battery Balancer is designed to balance two 12V batteries like it is shown in the manual.

If you build a 48V system and want to balance the batteries you have to make four 12V strings and use 3 balancer.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Al avatar image
Al answered ·

Ok thanks, so they will only work for 12v strings, I don't want to make a 48v system, that's the problem, I want to turn it into a 24v system: 2 x 24v parallel strings, and it seems like the balancers can't balance these two stings, only the blocks of 12v, which won't remedy the problem of one 24v sting having a voltage differential in relation to the other.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic