question

neoneddy avatar image
neoneddy asked

Battery Balancer not balancing 24v 3s 2p bank system

I'm nearing the end of charging here and hoped my banks would be more in balance than this. As these are AGM cells that almost .2v difference is a big deal. I looked at the lights and only the green is on. I verified with a multi-meter as well. I also re-conected the wires in the order specified (I connected common first time around).

I'm well over the 27.3v threshold for when it should be on. If I recall, it needs a 50mv difference. I was dense enough to have Google do a mv to V conversion for me, if I'm figuring this right, I've got 160mv of variance here.

Battery Balancer
1555638515453.png (118.0 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
neoneddy avatar image
neoneddy answered ·

Turns out, by using this tool, I found out it's working as intended http://bb-demo.victronenergy.com/

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

neoneddy avatar image
neoneddy answered ·

I had been thinking, "Why has it been holding at 6% deviation all night" from absorb into high float from the multiplus. Then I realized, I cut my 24v line shorter to look cleaner in the battery bay. Turns out equal length wires for the sensing is very important. I put in a matched length of wire for the 24v sense and now I'm closer to balanced. Now I'm not entirely sure this is it, or it's into a lower float now. This bank has naturally balanced into 13v or so when it rests. I'll update this as the day progresses and solar hits full bulk and absorb.

1555686353176.png (376.5 KiB)
1 comment
2 |3000

neoneddy avatar image neoneddy commented ·

It was at 5-6% deviation in bulk, now dropped some. Still looking for answers.

0 Likes 0 ·
1555696287558.png (174.7 KiB)

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic