question

thomash avatar image
thomash asked

Modbus TCP connection to iobroker (DC Power)

Hi there,

I am planning to install Victron with an ioBroker connection.

That means I would like to read out the values using Modbus. I can read out most of the data thanks to the Victron Excel table CCGX-Modbus-TCP.

On the attached picture you can see the value DC-Power. I do not succeed in reading these out.

I thought it is: Battery Power (System) 842 int16 1 -32768 to 32767 / Dc / Battery / Power no W

I get values on the address but 3 times as high as on the display.

Did anyone have any idea whether I am choosing the right value or what could be wrong?

Thanks in advance

power.png

Modbus TCP
power.png (90.3 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @ThomasH,

not 100% sure but I think you are referring to DC System Power, which is register 860.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

thomash avatar image
thomash answered ·

Hi @Stefanie,

you're right again! Sorry for the stupid question! I could have read too.

Thank you for your help.

So that I get a little smarter, can you tell me what the values I see on 840 are?

1 comment
2 |3000

@ThomasH,

you're welcome.

I'm not entirely sure how exactly DC System registers are defined, but they are more or less the same as from a BMV, except that they are coming from your GX device. In a normal offgrid boat installation for example these values can be ignored.

Look at your VRM data under advanced and try activating the widgets for your GX device to see what I mean.

BTW, if you find my answer below useful also for others, you can mark them as answered, which may make them easier to find.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources