question

thomash avatar image
thomash asked

Modbus Smart IP43 Charger

Hello everybod,

I'm very new to Victron. I would like to improve our motorhome with Victron.

I would like to evaluate / display the data from the Victron in the iobroker.

The following components are installed:

- Cerbo GX

- Phoenix Smart IP43 Charger 12 | 30 (1 + 1)

- SmartSolar Charger MPPT 150/45

- SmartShunt 500A

- Smart Battery Sense

Everything except the Smart Battery Sense is connected with ve.direct cables.

The Smart Battery Sense has joined the created Bluetooth network.

In the iobroker, I have created 4 Modbus adapters for a better overview.

Modbus 0: Device ID 100 (Cerbo GX)

Modbus 1: Device ID 223 (Smart IP 43 Charger)

Modbus 2: Device ID 224 (MPPT)

Modbus 3: Device ID 226 (Shunt)

I can read Modbus 0-2 as I want. All the data I need arrive.

No data is received on Modbus 3 (IP43 Charger).

In the Victrom Modbus-TCP-Register Excel list there is an example:

com.victronenergy.charger AC Current 2314 int16 10 -3276.8 to 3276.7 / Ac / In / L1 / I no A AC

So I think that the current consumed on the input side is displayed here! Is that so?

If so, what do I have to adjust to see these values.

Addidional I cannot see and read the temp from the Smart Battery Sence. Is this possible?

Thanks in advance and have a nice weekend

Modbus TCP
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @ThomasH,

com.victronenergy.charger AC Current 2314 int16 10 -3276.8 to 3276.7 / Ac / In / L1 / I no A AC
belongs to an Inverter/Charger ie. a MultiPlus.

It's not possible to read the AC input from an PSC IP43. Not via modbus nor any other way.

And unfortunately there is no way to see and read from the Smart Battery Sence via modbus.

3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

thomash avatar image thomash commented ·

Hi Stefanie,

thank you for the fast answer. Ok that’s bad for me. Ok at least I know now and have not to try for more time.

If I understand you right then I can read nothing from IP43 Charger?

0 Likes 0 ·
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ thomash commented ·

I've a PSC here and it's listed under Services (enable Modbus TCP). But that doesn't mean that there is nothing to read. Just not to my knowledge and I must admit that I don't use modbus.

bildschirmfoto-2021-01-16-um-073609.png

edit: have been playing with node-red and I'm able to read the holding register from address 2307 up to 2322 except for 2314, 2315 and 2316 (AC). So there is something to read.

0 Likes 0 ·
thomash avatar image thomash Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·

Hi Stefanie,

thank you for diving in this Topic. You are right, when I read with holding register then I can read something. I will get tomorrow a measurement tool to verify the displayed values.

1 Like 1 ·
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

Like Stefanie said, the AC values are not measured by this particular device, so that is why they read 0.
If you view the output from the PSC in a serial monitor, then you can get all for the parameters which are measured and available:
1610795165195.png

Then they are also available to read over Modbus including temperature measurement.
In my case, the PSC and SBS are in a Smart network, so the actual Voltage and temperature values are ultimately coming from the SBS.
1610795335475.png

1610795165195.png (13.9 KiB)
1610795335475.png (70.7 KiB)
2 |3000

Related Resources