question

anguswbrown avatar image
anguswbrown asked

Remote console not working after IP change

Today the remote console on my site isn't working, having done so for a year without fail. I believe the IP of the VRM relay server was changed last night - and we don't have any white or black lists in place. Can this be fixed quickly please?

remote console
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

anguswbrown avatar image anguswbrown commented ·

I should have said that the VRM portal itself is OK and communicating with the CCGX, as it is updating regularly.

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
markus avatar image
markus answered ·

Hi @anguswbrown,

i cannot confirm a problem in general here. Do you have access to the network, or is it a remote site with no access?

In case you have access, please check if the IP (84.22.107.120) is accessible from your network.

Also, the old IP (77.72.145.194) should still be working.

A reboot of your CCGX might help here.

Regards,

Markus

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

anguswbrown avatar image anguswbrown commented ·

It's a remote site. It has an EasySolar with a separate GSM modem connected by Ethernet cable. There is no other network there. I can visit it later today.

0 Likes 0 ·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ anguswbrown commented ·

Hi; and update @anguswbrown his issue has been solved.

Indeed it related to the IP change; my apologies for that Angus. Something went wrong that should not have gone wrong.

EDIT: in Angus his case it was fixed by rebooting the Venus device. In any other cases that should not be necessary.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic