question

Mark Maritz avatar image
Mark Maritz asked

Orion Tr Smart 12/12 18A

I tested my newly installed Orion yesterday and all was good. I then disconnected the alternative battery (after switching off vehicle) and found the Connect App still displays an output on the circuit even with no battery present (when I start the vehicle again) - NO 2nd battery connected.

Is this correct? Does the Orion not detect a no alternative battery present and just continue sending power?

Thanks

orion-tr smart
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Mark Maritz avatar image Mark Maritz commented ·

Any feedback please ;)

0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
tg1 avatar image
tg1 answered ·

Well current wouldn't actually flow without a second battery or load connected to the output.

Is there any other load connected to the output of the Orion? If so, the Orion will be acting a s a power supply and providing current to the load.

If not, I would suggest either a firmware update or a reset to default and try again.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Mark Maritz avatar image
Mark Maritz answered ·

Thanks @TG1

When no load is connected to the output I still see 14.2 V on the output... I was expecting 0V

I have the latest firmware and also done a reset already.

Regards

Mark

2 comments
2 |3000

tg1 avatar image tg1 commented ·

Does the output voltage match the input voltage? So you see 14.2v on the input side as well?

0 Likes 0 ·
Mark Maritz avatar image Mark Maritz tg1 commented ·

Yes.

0 Likes 0 ·