question

homestorage-77 avatar image
homestorage-77 asked

Remote Switch on/off of Multiplus II with Venus GX using a script

How can I remotely switch my multiplus II between inverter / charger?

I want to be able to do this to charge my batteries at low electricity cost, and only consume from the batteries during high cost. My stumbling block at the moment is just sending a signal to the Multiplus to be in a certain state.

To clarify, I want to be able to do this automatically via a script several times a day - so any manual menu clicking isn't viable.

So to do this I'd need to drive a relay for an aux input to the Venus or Multiplus or similar.

Multiplus-IIVenus GX - VGX
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

Go to the device list -> select the Multi -> at the top should be "switching" there you can switch the Multi ON/OFF/Charger-only/Inverter-only.
In "Inverter-only" mode the Multi should stop using the shore power.
But this only works if there is no other device switching the Multi remotely.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

homestorage-77 avatar image homestorage-77 commented ·

To clarify, I want to be able to do this automatically via a script several times a day - so any manual menu clicking isn't viable.

So to do this I'd need to drive a relay for an aux input to the Venus or Multiplus or similar.

0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ homestorage-77 commented ·

Than take a look at the "general flag" assistant to ignore the AC input.
You also need two "programmable relay" assistants to set the "general flag" with an AUX input signal.

0 Likes 0 ·
seb71 avatar image
seb71 answered ·

If you set up an ESS system, you can program it to charge during the period of the day when you have lower energy price. For details read here (section 4.4).

2 |3000

Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

There are several ways to do this, including with Node Red, or ModBUS - I will move the question to Modifications where you might get more help with this kind of remote scripting.

2 |3000