question

pat-muet-esnc avatar image
pat-muet-esnc asked

3x quattro 48/8000 et BYD LVL15.4

i've got a installation off grid in 3 phase with 3 quattro 48/8000, 2 Fronius Symo 8 and 1 BYD LVL 15.4. the batterie went to 0% (bad weather for 3 days). after that, my customer started the generator (ACin) and put the 3 quattro on charge only. the voltage of the batterie went from 0V to 42V in nearly 3 hours. but i still got on the color control 0% of charge? is that normal? and the batterie don't stay on (the led stopped after 3-4 minutes). my customer had to go away so stopped the generator to save the petrol (the site is on a remote island). so my question is how long should the generator goes on to charge the batterie to be able to put the vitron ON and get the Fronius inverter working?

hope i'm clear enough as english is not my usual language.

Patrick

BYD
3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

ruben avatar image ruben commented ·

Hi Patrick,

just a side comment:

Are there seriously 3x Quatros 48/8000 connected so a single BYD 15,4kWh battery? If yes, your battery looks quite under-designed with respect to the high current flow/ high power rating of your total inverter capacity, looks like your battery will suffer a lot.... Not talking about warranty... OR do you some how limit the current in a smart way?

Ruben

0 Likes 0 ·
pat-muet-esnc avatar image pat-muet-esnc ruben commented ·

Hi Ruben,

in fact they are 2 BYD15.4 batteries on this site

0 Likes 0 ·
ruben avatar image ruben pat-muet-esnc commented ·

ahja, that sounds better :)

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
dgnevans avatar image
dgnevans answered ·

Please have a look through the troubleshooting guide at the bottom of the BYD battery & Victron Setup guide. https://www.victronenergy.com/live/battery_compatibility:byd_b-box
It would appear that the inverter was not configured to shut off before the battery was. there is a procedure to start them up again. It also appears they may be an error on the BYD battery. as the tourbleshooting says
"In case there is an error in the BYD system (wiring, addressing, or other), it will be 42 V: "

This may require the battery be reset.

Let us know how you get on.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.