question

Allan avatar image
Allan asked

Blue solar 75/15, suddenly no charge using preset

1. I have a Victron 75/15 a 100w solar panel and two Varta Ldf90 batteries.
    Today, I noticed the solar controller was showing 0 watts being generated although it was sunny. On further checking, there has been no charge going into the batteries for 2 days. This morning, I received a firmware update for my 75/15 which installed correctly. Immediately afterwards, the controller showed 20w being generated which quickly dropped to zero even though it was sunny.
    I checked the battery settings in the app and changed the battery preset to default. The controller then showed power being generated by the panel. When I changed back to user defined preset,( Varta LFD90) the controller again showed 0 watts.
    Any ideas why the presets suddenly don’t work?
    The controller operation mode is set to Batterylife.
mppt charging
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·

@Allan

If it is sudden check the fuse, it's the most likely culprit. The second possible issue is the battery has had an event.

Then check battery voltage and connections to the mppt with a meter and physically.

If that is all good then check your panel open circuit voltage maybe they have had an issue. Did the app show what voltage they were at?

0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

Please send screen shots of the app pages. including the history pages

is the battery FULL . As Alexandra says whats the battery voltage whats the voltage at the regulator. check the fuse, NUMBER one

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Allan avatar image
Allan answered ·

Thanks both, I have solved the issue. Fuse and batteries were fine. It looks like a recent firmware update had enabled the Low Temperature setting in the battery settings, it was originally disabled. It was around 3 degrees outside when I had the problem, and changing the preset to default disabled the low battery setting once again, allowing the charger to operate.

I have disabled the setting again on the preset I use and all seems fine again. Thanks for your help.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic