question

marcel-dijkman avatar image

High voltage alarm pylontech

Hello, after looking on the community I can't find a correct answer.

the problem is a high voltage alarm on the ccgx. When the soc is 100% often the battery will get in high voltage alarm (above 54V).

the setup is done as discribed in the manual. e.a dvcc on, svs off, charge setting as discribed.

can anyone tell me where to look in the setup.

ESS system

Multiplus 2 3000/48

1 Pylontech us2000

1 SmartSolar Charger MPPT 150/35

Thanks in advance

Pylontech
2 |3000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
dgnevans avatar image
dgnevans answered ·

when you get the alarms is your system charging off solar or from the grid?
Does your mppt show external control?

What absorption voltage and float voltage have you go set on bother your Multiplus and you mppt for both setups?

1 comment

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

it's not really charging because the battery is full.

absorption 52V float 51V, I did set it 1 volt down and today no alarm.

mppt absorption 52

Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

There was a change in Venus 2.60 that increased the charge voltage for Pylontech.

I will notify the developers - for now, try reverting back to firmware version 2.58 (and disable automatic updates) to see if that helps to resolve the issue. It may also be possible to use the Stored Backup in the Firmware menu of the CCGX.

1 comment

Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Hi @Marcel Dijkman,

Can you please confirm if this an alarm or a warning?

Does the system shut down?

This can occur when the cells inside the lithium battery are not sufficiently balanced,

If the system is staying online, but just making the warning, then it should resolve itself over time as the cells automatically rebalance themselves.

It generally only happens on new installations.

More information is available as to what is happening inside the Pylontech with their own software and connection tools. You will need to contact your Pylontech distributor for more help with access to those if necessary.

2 comments

Hi Stuwart,

It's running for aprox. 6 month now. First I will get a warning on e.a. 53.33V then it will get a alarm at 54.22V. the system then shut's down. I have also the same problem with a off-grid system that's longer operating.

Do you have a VRM site ID, or downloaded data from the GX device for the sites?