question

powerlust avatar image
powerlust asked

Victron Multiplus Compact Inverter 24V/1600VA/230V with Pylontech UP2500

Hi

Can you please provide me with wiring diagrams for connecting the Multiplus Compact Inverter 24V/1600VA/230V with Pylontech UP2500? We would like to have a capacity of ~4kWH so it would required 2x UP2500. Please also provide inverter settings for the inverter.

Thanks in advance

Pylontech
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

powerlust avatar image powerlust commented ·

Hi, thank you. I am only looking to connect 2x UP2500 batteries. Is a GX device required or can I get away without one?

If I do need a GX device, can you please recommend the cheapest one? It will be inside a case not accessible to the user and all that I need it to do is work with the batteries ie. none of the additional functionality is required.

I have seen the list here https://www.victronenergy.com/live/venus-os:start. Based on web pricing, it looks like the Venus is the best fit followed by the Cerbo.

Thank you

0 Likes 0 ·
JohnC avatar image JohnC ♦ powerlust commented ·

It might be possible to go without a GX, but wouldn't be supported by Victron, and maybe not Pylon either.

The Venus GX would be cheaper than a Cerbo, but not by much. A RaspberryPi loaded with VenusOS might/should work if cash is really an issue.

Locked away, eh? Perfect for a GX box with an ethernet cable - throw away the key and monitor/control it all via LAN, or from the other side of the world via the (free) VRM portal.

The GX isn't just an 'adaptor', it's far, far more than that..

0 Likes 0 ·