question

mresman avatar image
mresman asked

Phoenix Battery Charger 12/50 Factory Reset

I am using my Phoenix 12/50 to charge my 1200 AHr LiFePO4 battery bank from a 115 Volt generator. I would like to set the charge parameters per the factory default Sonnenschein Dryfit with a 14.4V Absorption voltage and 13.8V Float. To do so I'd like to perform a factory reset but the instructions in the manual are not clear.

Return to factory defaults
• Switch the charger on.
• Keep the pushbutton ⇑ and/ or ⇓ pushed while
switching off.
• The factory defaults are restored.
• Replace the frontplate.

Questions I have are:
1. The instruction describing the reset and implying the charger is disconnected from the batteries. Is this necessary? Or can I do a reset with the input voltage at 115, and batteries still connected? Instructions say replace frontplate, with no mention of reconnecting any cables.

2. After doing the reset, is there any indications that it is occurring or complete. The LEDs flash a sequence but the manual does don describe what it should be.

3. While charging I am only measuring 40 Amps output, with batteries at 13.6V - as noted by my Victron SmartSolar charger. Why is it being limited to 40 Amps, why not the full 50 Amps?

charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

0 Answers

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic