question

robtor avatar image
robtor asked

MultiPlus-II with AC-Coupled Inverter and Cerbo-GX not showing negative load on AC output for AC PV Inverter

I have a MultiPlus-II 5kVA running in an offgrid system with all Loads connected to AC Out 1
The batteries (Pylontech) are mainly charged by a victron Mppt, but in addition I have an AC-Coupled PV Inverter (Solax X1-Mini) connected to AC-Out2.

In the MultiPlus-II I have an assistant installed which switchs AC-Out2 on and off by the current state of charge, because the very simple inverter has no options to reduce power output (e.g. by changing the grid frequency).

Later I've installed a Cerbo gx and enabled DVCC, from that moment on, the MultiPlus-II didn't light up the Charging LED's anymore and on the Cerbo GX I only see 0W power consumption on the AC side, when the MultiPlus-II is charging the batteries.

With ve.configure or with the Grafana-Dashboard soultion instead I can see e negative value for the AC-Out power.

Is there an option to show up these negative values on the cerbo-gx as well?

Multiplus-IIcerbo gxAC PV Coupling
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @robtor

Please read this:

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/ccgx:start#connecting_a_pv_inverter

and if there are still questions: don't hesitate to ask.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

robtor avatar image robtor commented ·

Thank you for your quick reply, but in my case I won't buy an AC-Sensor because I will replace the other AC-Coupled inverter with a victron mppt asap, maybe the next month.

I just was a little confused, because the Cerbo only shows 0W flow but on my grafana dashboard or with the ve.configure software you could see a negative flow measured by the MultiPlus-II on AcOut 1

0 Likes 0 ·
jon-steckbeck avatar image
jon-steckbeck answered ·

I am having the same issue where my multiplus shows negative AC draw via the mk3 USB connection on my laptop computer but on the Cerbo GX touch 50 it shows 0 W load. Why is it doing this?

1 comment
2 |3000

shaneyake avatar image shaneyake commented ·

You need to install a meter on the PV inverter or have a PV inverter that can talk to the GX like Fronius, ABB, SMA with coms card, etc.

0 Likes 0 ·