question

chrisperrywhite avatar image
chrisperrywhite asked

Battery Monitor & Solar MPPT History

Hello, I am running a Victron Battery Monitor BMV-700 with Bluetooth dongle and a Victron SmartSolar MPPT 100/50 charge controller on my campervan solar system. I have a Dometic electric cooler and I would like to have a better understanding of how low the battery charge gets over the course of the night while running the cooler on battery before the sun comes up and starts to charge it back up again so I can see how close I'm coming to 50% charge. The Victron app has a History tab that shows me the number of synchronizations and things like that but when I click over the the graph that shows the state of charge over time, it only shows starting at the moment I connected via my phone, rather than going back 30 days or whatever an appropriate history would be. If I close the app and a minute later reconnect, it resets the history again, rendering it essentially useless. Any suggestions? Thanks!

BMV Battery Monitor
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Trevin Corkery avatar image
Trevin Corkery answered ·

Hey there. I could be wrong but I don't believe any of the battery monitors (BMV) give you the history data or at least an in-depth 30-day history log as the MPPT SmartSolar provides.

I think you need one of their GX products to actually do the logging for you. If you were technically inclined you could buy a RaspberryPI and install the opensource GX firmware onto it. I haven't used it personally but those two options would be your best bet.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic