question

resfebercouk avatar image
resfebercouk asked

100/20 Smart Solar Load current issue

Hi,

I have in issue with the above MPPT no reading the load currents correctly.

During the day with the PV registering a voltage the current on the load output is correct and tracks the consumption correctly.

The problem is at night, the current on the loads, sometimes registers the smaller consumers but once they are above a couple of Amps, the reading will be all over the place, but mostly show 0A.

All loads are connected through the Load Output connections.

This is the 2nd MPPT that displays this issue.

The screengrab is taken at night, there is in the region of 8A being consumed, but not registering.

If I switch the load output to always off, the consumers turn off.

Any thoughts please?

MPPT Controllers
ve.png (76.1 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
resfebercouk avatar image
resfebercouk answered ·

any thoughts?

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

wkirby avatar image wkirby ♦♦ commented ·

I have had some thoughts about this and I have tried to replicate your symptoms on my own unit, but I'm not able to.

This being your second unit leads me to think that it something external to the charge controler its self. I wonder if there is a wiring issue, like one of the positivewires is commoned or shared which would bypas the internal current sensor. I'm clutching at straws really.

What loads are you running? Also, are you on the latest firmware?

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic