question

catalin-moraru avatar image
catalin-moraru asked

EasySolar 48/5000 - system

Hello! I'm new to solar and i want to create a pv system with a EasySolar 48/5000. I have 16 pcs. - 360w mono panels. It will be an off grid system with at least 5kw LifePo batteries (non victron 3,2v, 120A- 16 pcs ). My question is, what BMS do you recommend? Can i use the system without a BMS? What other components from victron i need? Thanks.

system design
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Murray van Graan avatar image
Murray van Graan answered ·

Hi @Catalin Moraru. I have a few observations that you would need to check:

The EasySolar 5 has a 150V MPPT built in. Depending on where you are in the world, you might exceed the max input voltage of 150V with 16 panels (assuming they would be strung in 4’s) you might be better of in strings of 3 or 2. Use the MPPT calculator on Victron’s website to check this.

For your BMS question, best is to use a BMS that can communicate with the Victron System. REC makes a nice BMS with Victron CanBus integration already built in. It’s best to use a BMS that can communicate with the Victron, to take care of charge and discharge conditions.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic