question

ylric avatar image
ylric asked

Should I use 3 separate 2-pole breakers or a 3 pole breaker for a 3 phase grid?

I'm planning to make a 3 phase system with 3 Quattro 5kVa and I'm wondering how I should set my breaker for the 3 inputs from the grid.

Should I put them separately with 3 dual pole breakers or just put them all on a single 3-pole breaker. The three pole breaker would cut off everything when tripped but having separate breakers would mean only one line of load would be disconnected if ever which I think is better. Most of the loads are single phase but would having 1 phase of the grid disconnected have a negative impact on the system? Thank you!

isolators
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·

@Ylric

As far as I know if one of the input phases goes off then only that inverter will invert and the rest will stay grid connected. But the whole system should not be affected negatively.

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

to save three phase motors from damage if one phase goes down a 3 pole breaker would be best

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic