question

shaktjor avatar image
shaktjor asked

BMV 712 Smart

Hi Gang.

I recently installed this on my narrowboat. It shows battery voltage and amps in and out.

The Bluetooth works great to my phone.

What is will not do is tell me the state of charge. It always shows no time till discharged and the battery logo as empty.

Everything i read says a 12V lead acid battery fully charged would be 12.6 to 12.7.

Why does Victron use 13.2 Volts as the fully charged voltage. This may be the charging voltage but not the charged voltage.

Ideas please

Thanks

BMV Battery Monitor
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
dazey77 avatar image
dazey77 answered ·

It showing empty as it hasn't yet had a synchronise event. The BMV counts charge in and out of the battery from full, up until the system knows its full, it has no point to count from.

If your sure that you have hit the end of your charging, you can force a manual sync.

It should sync automatically and if its not doing this, your settings are not right. It looks for the charge current dropping off to zero at a battery voltage over a certain point.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic