question

solgato avatar image
solgato asked

MPPT 75/15 Disconnect via BMV-712 Using Relay?

I’ve read a few posts about using relays but am not sure how to go about setting my system up or if it’s even possible to do.

I’m switching my system over to Lifepo4 and using batteries that will require an external aftermarket BMS to wake up the bleeder boards and monitor individual cells to keep them balanced. This particular BMS also has the ability to set high voltage and low voltage disconnect values to trigger an external relay. My main concern is not disconnecting loads, but disconnecting solar charging coming in from my MPPT 75/15’s in an event the BMS determines there is a serious problem.

What I’m wondering is, is it possible to use my BMV-712 with the BMS relay output to trigger the disconnect of the chargers?

If I understand correctly, the BMV-712 has the ability to turn 75/15’s on and off or the load outputs on and off, but is there a way to then trigger the BMV-712 to do this?

Or will I have to just hardwire in a stand-alone relay triggered by the external BMS to cut power coming in from the 75/15’s?

Thanks for your help.

mppt charging
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

0 Answers

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic