question

timshinds avatar image
timshinds asked

Multiplus II ESS or Hub assistant configuration issue

Hey everyone I’m hoping you may be able to assist me in the correct configuration. It’s doing my head in trying to get it to work correctly.

I have the following setup.

2kw Solar to 150/85TR Smart solar

Multi-plus II 5000/48/70

Venus GX

500ah battery backup.

8aH load per 24hrs roughly

what I essentially want to achieve is that the solar runs loads and charges batteries to float during the day.

During the evening the load is powered by batteries down to 60%SOC (save capacity for grid outage) then reverts back to AC input to power the load and recharge the batteries to say 75% then the next day when the solar is back it gets the system back to float.

I know that the UPS function works seamlessly from bypass to Invert modes, but does it also work from invert back to bypass without dropping the loads? Is that even possible?

I have tried the ESS assistant and also Hub 1 and even the VS but it just doesn’t seem to work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

cheers

Tim

Multiplus-IIESS
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Jaco Reinecke avatar image
Jaco Reinecke answered ·

Hi,

Why would you want to use utility power to up the SOC at night from 60% to 75%?

Asking because:
1) Run the SOC to 75%, cost you nothing to recharge the batteries then?
2) Leave it at 60% for the night?
3) If 1 and 2 is not an option, have you looked at the Scheduled Charging options?

Or am I missing the boat?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

timshinds avatar image
timshinds answered ·

Hey Jaco,

Basically look to get the SOC up a little until i add an extra 2-3kw of panels as i don't think 8kwh of day time solar would be enough to power the loads and return to float. Until i work out how close to float i get from the 2kw solar the interim would be to charge to a set point. Ill have a look into the scheduled charging thanks for the suggestion

In the meantime the UPS issue i had was incorrect grid setting, i forgot to set the neutral ground in the inverter. so when switching between AC and Invert it would drop the loads.

Cheers

Tim

2 |3000