question

andre-de-lange avatar image
andre-de-lange asked

Pylontech Batteries Not showing details

Hi we have installed 7 pylontech 3000 batteries to a Victron Quattro 10000. System was connected as per instructions via Can Bus. Battery pack does show up on device list but when you go into the device you get the above which are all zero. How can these values be activated ?

Thanks guys

Regards

André

Pylontech
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
dayandnight avatar image
dayandnight answered ·

Hello @Andre de lange,

did you set up the correct CAN-BUS speed in Device List | Settings | Services | BMS-Can port to 500 kbit/s?

By the way, where in the menu-structure did you do the screenshot above of the detailed information for batteries? What firmware version you are using? What GX-device? I have never seen before? It looks different to my device list entry.

DayAndNight

4 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

ewalderasmus avatar image ewalderasmus commented ·

In your device menu, under Pylontech you see a details tab. Its within there.

Mine is also blank...

0 Likes 0 ·
1590596062156.png (35.1 KiB)
1590596085413.png (35.3 KiB)
dayandnight avatar image dayandnight commented ·

Hello @EwaldErasmus,

interesting. In my Pylontech battery menu there is no "Details" menu.

I use as firmware version a release candidate v2.60~23!

What firmware are you running?

DayAndNight

0 Likes 0 ·
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ dayandnight commented ·

Hi @DayAndNight

you need firmware 2.5x for that, it will come back in feature versions of 2.60

Though that Pylontech will also need to update their battery firmware to support those details.

0 Likes 0 ·
dayandnight avatar image dayandnight Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·

Thank you!

0 Likes 0 ·
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Hi @Andre de lange,

Sending those details on the CAN-bus to be read by the GX device is not yet supported by the Pylontech. I have updated the Pylontech + Victron manual to reflect this.

2 |3000