question

tony-towers avatar image
tony-towers asked

VeBus Reset modbus address 62

Hi, I am using the modbus register VEBus reset 62 which is 0=No action; 1=VE.Bus reset. However, the system reset regardless if the value is 0 or 1, meaning that it resets everytime I write 0 or 1.

Any solution?

Modbus TCP
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hi Tony,

can you change your code to only write to the register when indeed you want to reset the VE.Bus system? That would be the quickest solution.

I’ll see if it can be fixed in our side. But can also be that we change the description to state that writing either 0 or 1 will initiate the reset.

Thanks for pointing it out!

Matthijs

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

tony-towers avatar image tony-towers commented ·

Hi Matthijs,

Thanks for your suggestion but it is not something I can do. However, what I can do is to change my code so will write 0 to reset and 2 to not do any action. Do you think will work?

My problem is that I am not sure if Victron will do any further modifications which will then make my code useless. It will have severe implications to my systems if that happens, so I am not sure how to proceed.

Is it possible to know the long term plan for this register, please?

Regards,

0 Likes 0 ·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ tony-towers commented ·

Hi - I dont know if writing 2 will work. You’ll have to try. Try a negative or higher number as well. Just to make sure.

i wouldnt be surprised if no matter what you write it results in a reset.

I dont know if we can/will change that at the moment - sorry.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources