question

lars-h-1 avatar image
lars-h-1 asked

Issue connecting with VictronConnect with mobile phone and Victron dongle on MPPT 75/15

When I start up the Victron Connect app it finds the controller/dongle. I then select the unit. Then it starts to establish a connection. But when it reaches 90%, it starts at 0% again and stays at 0% and nothing more happens.

On the dongle itself there is a blue and a red LED. The blue flashes fast,and the red (error LED) flashes slowly.

Any idea to solve this problem?

mppt charging
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
ejrossouw avatar image
ejrossouw answered ·

Hi @Lars H. Were you prompted for a pin at any point? Have a look at the fault finding steps in the VictronConnect manual to find the prompt to respond to. It may also be worth doing a dongle reset and ensure all the devices are running the latest firmware and the app is up to date.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

lars-h-1 avatar image
lars-h-1 answered ·

All units running latest SW. Yes, pin is aked for and given. The dongle has been reset. To me it looks like the comunication between the dongle and the MPPT is fucked up.

4 comments
2 |3000

ejrossouw avatar image ejrossouw commented ·

Have you tried it with another device? Which phone? If memory serves me correctly, one of the earlier versions of Ve.Direct dongle is not compatible with VictronConnect so if you have ASS030536011, it should work. As a last resort installing the APK is suggested and also ensure location is turned on etc. I'd personally remove, reset and start fresh with everything.

0 Likes 0 ·
lars-h-1 avatar image lars-h-1 ejrossouw commented ·

Yes, tested with my vife's phone, both phones Samsung Galaxy A5 (2017). The partnumer of the dongel is as you mentioned ASS030536011. Location is turned on.

0 Likes 0 ·
ejrossouw avatar image ejrossouw lars-h-1 commented ·

I was hoping a different model of phone or even tablet PC.

0 Likes 0 ·
lars-h-1 avatar image lars-h-1 ejrossouw commented ·

Same problem with Galaxy Tab S2 tablet.

0 Likes 0 ·
lars-h-1 avatar image
lars-h-1 answered ·

I now got a brand new dongle from my local dealer in Norway, Farco, but same problem. I also tested with a VE Direct USB cable connected to my ThinkPad laptop. But the VictronConnect program didn't find the MPPT. The VictronConnect is v.5.27 in the laptop and also my mobile phone and I also have installed the v2.12.16 VE Direct USB driver at the laptop. Could the problem be an error the interphase in the MPPT 75/15?

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic