question

ogrt avatar image
ogrt asked

HRC NH Fuse Types

Hi - Seen NH fuses used in many Vitron or Web Images and referenced in training videos, and propose to use the same. Noticed there are differing types of NH Fuse, and wanted to know which is best to use between BYD LVL and Main Busbar (which goes onward to Quattro /MPPT/GX). Types I've seen are:

- gG for cable and line protection

- aM for the short-circuit protection of switching devices in motor circuits

- gR or aR for the protection of power semiconductors

- gS: The new gS operational class combines cable and line protection with semiconductor protection.

Any recommendations on which is most appropriate? gS or does gG suffice?

Thanks

BYD
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
jbakuwel avatar image
jbakuwel answered ·

Hi @OGRT,

To the best of my knowledge the function of the fuses in the battery lines is cable protection, so gG should suffice. I would use NH fuses between the batteries and the Main busbar, DC breakers between busbar and MPPT controller and a small inline fuse for the GX.

Jan

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

squaresmurf avatar image
squaresmurf answered ·

Can you please verify this:

To my knowledge, gG is for AC only.

You have to use gR for everything DC.

2 |3000

squaresmurf avatar image
squaresmurf answered ·

Can you please verify this:

To my knowledge, gG is for AC only.

You have to use gR for everything DC.

2 |3000