question

lokiperformance1 avatar image
lokiperformance1 asked

Mppt 100/50 issues

Had to disconnect my solar charger to uninstall a breaker. Now it's not charging the batteries. All wiring is correct. Open circuit voltage of panels is above 19 until I plug them back in, then it drops to 13 or so. Charge state says off.... What did I do. 12 volt lifepo4 system. 400ah. Mppt 100/50 and bmv-712

solar
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
ejrossouw avatar image
ejrossouw answered ·

@Lokiperformance1 Always start with what exactly has changed? Did you disconnect it under load? Was the breaker serving the panels? Did you reverse polarity? Did you first connect the battery, then panels when reconnecting? Try disconnect everything and leave for a bit to see if it recovers. Are the settings still correct and what is the state of charge of the battery? Is it a blue or smart solar? Good luck with your fault finding.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

lokiperformance1 avatar image lokiperformance1 commented ·

The order in which I proceeded is as follows. I disconnected solar, then the batteries, then I uninstalled the main breaker to batteries as it was faulty, I reconnected power to inverter and charger lastly I reconnected solar. It was done at night so I didn't realize it wasn't charging via panels until the next day. I've been through all the simple things. I've reset and reconfigured the system two or three times now. I am now proceeding to bash my head on the brick wall untill the issue is resolved.

0 Likes 0 ·
lokiperformance1 avatar image lokiperformance1 lokiperformance1 commented ·

The only thing I changed is I took the breaker out of line. It kept tripping at around 1700 watts but is rated for 3000.

0 Likes 0 ·
lokiperformance1 avatar image
lokiperformance1 answered ·

Beating my head against the wall worked. I installed some backup fuses in my panels. It must have surged the system or something when I hooked it back up. Thanks for your input though.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic