question

Jim Van Der Heiden avatar image
Jim Van Der Heiden asked

seperate input from output Victron Quattro 48/10000/140-100/100

I am currently working with the Victron Quattro 48/10000/140-100/100 in three phase configuration. I power a couple of battery packs with this set up. The power assist mode of this set connects the input of the grid directly to the output unless when the input current has been exceeded then the battery starts to help.

This gives the problem that the earth leakage current protector gets triggered quite fast because by law its only allowed to be 30mA while the output is allowed to be 300mA.

The second problem is when the input voltage is 190v the output voltage is also 190v and some appliances don't work on that voltage. If we disconnect the input the output will change to 230v.

Is there any way to disconnect the input from the output and only charge the batteries with the input and output the power trough the inverter.

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

I'm not sure why the ELCB is getting triggered at all, even with power assist. There shouldn't be any fault current at all? It seems to me like the N-E bond is either not present or in the wrong place with respect to the ELCB. Otherwise there is some sort of earth fault that should be attended to.

The Quattro can only be an inverter or a charger at any one time, there is only one converter inside of it.
To perform those tasks simultaneously like that you'll need to have a separate charger and an inverter or two Quattro's per phase, one for charging and one for inverting.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic