question

johannes-cronje avatar image
johannes-cronje asked

VRM - Remote Console

Good day

For some reason I have lost the option to connect to a site by selecting Remote Console. I have used it three days ago , but the option is not on the dropdown list of the site anymore .

Would there be any specific reason for this .

Regards

Johannes Cronje

remote console
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
johannes-cronje avatar image
johannes-cronje answered ·

HI @Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff)

Can you please help . Site Chris Lourens

As above something went wrong . The colour control was set to update to the latest release candidate and this morning something went terrible wrong. I could not connect the color control as the Remote console was not available, I manage to get to site and find aout that the colour control went into default , I had to set up everything from scratch. the firmware is updated to V2.60-15 . There was some issues previously with this site and therefore the reason it was set to release candidate . It was never put back to just "latest release"

The inverter totally disconnected from the grid .

I am on site and had to set it up all over . The color control also does not want to pick up my SMA Inverter it did so previously . I did a hard Reboot and the Colr control simply went back to default again .

Will it be anyway possible to have a look at this urgently.

Regards

Johannes Cronje

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Hi @Johannes Cronje

Please post this in the correct section: modifications.

I'll move this post for you.

Running automatic update to release candidate is very risky and not advised for production systems.

0 Likes 0 ·
johannes-cronje avatar image johannes-cronje Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·

Hi @Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff)

Just some feedback , I have managed to install to the latest release firmware and all seems to be working fine .

I am not sure if the reaction of the system would assist you with regards the candidate release but something went wrong . The intention of this installation was definitely not be on release candidate , but was put on it because there was issues some time ago, I should have been put back to latest release but was forgotten about it . If you require some feedback regarding the release candidate on what happened , please let me know .

Regards

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic