question

cjbnomad8654 avatar image
cjbnomad8654 asked

Balance configuration for 3 x 12v batteries configured for 36v

Greetings all.

There are configuration diagrams for every configuration imaginable except for a 3 battery, 36v system.

I need a diagram for connecting two battery balancers (or one if that is possible) to three 12v batteries connected in series to create a 36v system.

Please do not just say, “it’s the same as such-and-such” a system. Please give a point to point connection., and knowledgeable and factual explanations are welcome.

I can look at the setup for a 48v system and copy it, dropping the orange wire on the second balancer leaving the black wire as both would be connected to the same point. Would that be correct?

I am sure the solution is simple, and I would like a simple point-to-point answer, but it is nowhere to be found. Getting rid of the 32v system is not the simple answer.

Battery Balancer
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

You need 2 balancers, the wiring is the same as for 48V but without the 4th battery and the 3rd balancer.

bb-36v.png (287.7 KiB)
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

cjbnomad8654 avatar image cjbnomad8654 commented ·
This setup has been working as expected since you shared it with me in 2020. Thanks Matthias.
0 Likes 0 ·
cjbnomad8654 avatar image
cjbnomad8654 answered ·

Thank you. Clear and to the point.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic