question

eenergy avatar image
eenergy asked

EasySolar 48/5000/70-100 Multiplus Overheating

Good day all,

I have an EasySolar 48/5000/70-100 with MPPT150/100 and when I load the inverter to above 2500W when on solar, I receive the following alarm and the inverter shuts down. "Multiplus 48/5000/70-100, Alarm, High Temperature". The inverter restarts but will shut down very shortly afterwards with the same error. Running at 800-1000W is no problem and when the mains AC is available, there is also no problem with the higher power draw. Everything else is working perfectly. I have tried using an external fan to improve airflow around and through the unit, but the error persists. The time taken when I increase the load, to when the inverter shuts down is between 15 and 20 minutes normally.

Any advice on what could be an issue here?

Thanks

temperature
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi @EEnergy

I've one just the same and never experienced this, even in 46C ambient temps. Are your fans working? And if they are, can you actually detect hot air from them?

I *think* they roll proportionally to the inverter load, so check that with a bit of a load on.

If all is well on that front, it may have a fault. But come back..

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

eenergy avatar image eenergy commented ·

Thanks @JohnC. Yes the fans are working, well they definitely turn on when you load the inverter. As to whether they are doing as much as they should, I am not sure, but there is definitely air movement going on. I think the temperature and amount of air is the same as other units I have tried (estimating by hand test), so do not think it is the fans.

0 Likes 0 ·
JohnC avatar image JohnC ♦ eenergy commented ·

Ok. Perhaps talk to your supplier. I indeed know that this isn't something you stick in a postbag and exchange via mail. There may be a fix they can help with though. Access to electronic layouts within aren't published for we great unwashed, but they should be able to help. Stepping up from there is possible, but try that first.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic