question

markrob avatar image
markrob asked

VE.Smart Networking and the BMV 700

Hello,

I use a BMV-700 and an MPPT 100/50 with a Multiplus inverter.

I am trying to use VE.Smart Networking to connect the BMV-700 to the MPPT. Whereas the MPPT shows "VE.Smart Networking" as an option under settings and allows connection, the BMV-700 show no such setting available.

Otherwise the system is operating normally.

According to the document at https://www.victronenergy.com/live/victronconnect:ve-smart-networking

the BMV-700 is compatible with Smart networking. The meter shows it is running Ver 1.37 of its firmware. In the past the firmware for this device has updated automatically. Under "Product Info" the "Update" Link does not seem to function. (Which may mean it is running the latest firmware?)

How can I confirm what firmware version is the latest available for this device? Or force a firmware check? Is there another reason the VE Smart networking is not available?

VictronConnect was updated automatically recently.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

VE.Smart Network
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

Which version of Bluetooth dongle do you have? Older versions do not support Smart Networking.

ASS030536010 - this one does not support Smart Networking.

ASS030536011 - this one is compatible.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic