question

vicky avatar image
vicky asked

ioBroker Adapter for VRM portal - voters needed

Being a big fan of my Victron setup, I'd like to increase "personal value" by including all kinds of figures and values into my home automation, which is based on ioBroker. Although many Victron registers can be read through modbus, and I am using it, several figures are not available. Those are obviously calculated and submitted to the VRM portal. So I raised the request for creation of an ioBroker adapter to connect the VRM portal. API is available so for a good coder it should be feasible. In case you are interested in this as well, all of it is free of charge - except your voluntary donations, please support my request by a like or thumbs up at the GitHub. Thanks

VRM
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
mbad avatar image
mbad answered ·

@Vicky for what are you looking for? I use Modbus to read values from ioBroker and then do relevant calcuations with a BlockyScript and pass the result to my HomeAutomation connected to ioBroker as well.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

vicky avatar image
vicky answered ·

@mbad

I am also using Modbus and Java/Blockly Scripts. However the issue is, Javascript of ioBroiker is not 100% stable. Now and then Javascript (recommended version) just stalls, w/o any log entry, causing wrong or no calculations. VRM is stable, so I'd like to read the various calculated values out of VRM, rather than rely on ioBroker at this stage.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic