question

Paul avatar image
Paul asked

Multiplus/EasyPlus Issues: Grid Lost & High Temperature Warnings

Marine EasyPlus install with CCGX.

Issues after last firmware upgrade (469);

As mentioned elsewhere here, the latest firmware versions have addressed excessive fan running time and things seem to have gone from one extreme to the other. Our fan used to run ALOT. Now our fan NEVER runs! We have never had a High Temp warning before. We assume that the new frugal fan program is to blame. It is Australian summer here so ambient temp was in high 20's (deg celcius) but we have had the unit for several summers now and we believe some sort of compromise is needed with the fan program or we fear more warnings and possible damage due to unit high temp.

The more persistent problem is the 'Grid Lost' Alarm. Again these are happening after the firmware upgrade (done so we could access VDCC). We run grid/mains/shorepower into AC Input 1, charge our FLA bank from the mains and atm exclusively use the boiler AC thru-put AC circuit to power our mains kettle etc. We have no ESS tied to grid etc.

When the alarm goes off we have tested the marine shorepower receptacle with a hair dryer and it works fine. The CCGX AC1 Input screen of the multi tells us that shorepower is available ie 240ish volts and 50hz but something has triggered the alarm and cut off grid to the unit even though grid is available.

The issue seems to go away if charger only switch is selected but I can't be sure, it maybe coincidence.

This shot was taken just at the grid was reconnecting but the AC-in L1 had zeros in the Amps and watts boxes but the 244V and the 50.1Hz was showing even as 'Grid Lost' was sounding.

I see that other posters here have had 'Grid Lost' alert whilst still connected to the grid... hmmmm.

Thoughts?

warnings
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
Paul avatar image
Paul answered ·

I've had a bunch more MultiPlus High Temp Warnings today... seems to happen when charger is in absorption mode. The ambient temperature here today is 28deg celcius. The unit is wall mounted with fresh air available all around, nearest wall is above the unit some 200mm+ away, both sides and bottom have no wall near them.

Since firmware upgrade we have never heard the fan run again! Surely this is an issue. Anybody else having trouble?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @shars.p

from what firmware did you upgrade? what is your current firmware, and what model easyplus do you have?

4 comments
2 |3000

Paul avatar image Paul commented ·

Hi Daniel, What do you think about my situation? Without me looking, do you know which firmware changed the fan settings? I am happy to roll back but I am hoping that the last version with the old fan program is one that supports VDCC.

Thankyou for your help.

0 Likes 0 ·

Hi @shars.p

We're looking in to it.

is the system online on VRM?

(and if so, what is the system id or name?)

0 Likes 0 ·

@shars.p

I've sent you an email with an older firmware to try.

0 Likes 0 ·
Paul avatar image Paul Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·

Hi again Daniel, Thankyou for your replies, much appreciated.

I have taken the internet connection off while I do some rebuilding of our electrics cabinet here on the boat but I can re connect ASAP and let you know the VRM details. Thankyou for the email...I will try the firmware and let you know.

Thank you for you help.

0 Likes 0 ·
Paul avatar image
Paul answered ·

Here are my device details:

The original firmware was what the device shipped with when new.

Even more high temp alerts this evening, again when I checked (no audible alarm) the charger was in absorption.

Update to the grid lost situation: I selected charger only on the front panel switch after writing my initial post here and since then I have not had any more Grid Lost alarms.

2 |3000

rstarr avatar image
rstarr answered ·

I'm running into a similar issue. I'm using the Victron Connect mobile app which doesn't store any fault data. My setup is in a camper and because of this ongoing issue I only run it in charge only when hooked to shore power because my AC is too much load for the inverter. It will intermittently shut off the Multiplus for a few seconds and then power it back on. When I've been able to pull up the app I see a high temperature code. To be clear the temperature in the compartment is only 90deg F. but also don't see the fans running unless it is charging at a high rate. This happens to me in all charging modes including float. I'm running version 433.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic