question

rayco avatar image
rayco asked

Multiplus and 2 parallel Fronius Primo in single-phase ESS system

Hi,

Can I connect 2 Fronius inverters in parallel to AC_IN and get them communicating properly with the ColorControl, including Fronius Zero Feed-in?

We are a running ESS single-phase system with Multiplus, ColorControl and one Fronius Primo 5.0 connected to AC_IN of the Multiplus.

Now the client wants to do a power upgrade, meaning that we need to install an additional second Fronius, in this case a Primo 8.0 to get a total power of 13 kW.

If it's possible, how would I get them communicating?

Using the Datamanager in only one Fronius and connect both Fronius via Fronius internal bus?

or

Using 2 Datamanagers, one for each Fronius and communication via Modbus between ColorControl and both Fronius inverters?

Thank you!

ESSFronius
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ยท

Hi @Rayco,

I believe either way is possible, you can use the ring topology between the Fronius, or you can connect multiple Fronius PV inverters with their own data manager cards in the same local Ethernet network.

There are some slides from Fronius here which provide more information;

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

rayco avatar image rayco commented ยท

Thank you Guy! We will try with 1 datamanager and Fronius Solar.net.

0 Likes 0 ยท