question

allaholix avatar image
allaholix asked

Does the BP-100 require ˜re-programming if disconnected from Battery Bank?

I had intended on installing the BP-100 after a Battery Main Master Switch, meaning that when our RV is not in use, the Main Switch would be switched OFF, Disconnecting power supply to our main board of devices etc. but also, disconnecting power IN to the BP-100 Protector. Would this intended setup mean i had to programme the BP-100 every time I ‘re-powered’ the unit by switching the battery bank on? Or does it have some form of inbuilt memory

Thank you

Battery Protect
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

I'd expect it to retain its settings. Hopefully someone who knows can confirm.

However, why not use the Battery Protect as your main switch, you can turn it on and off using the "Remote" pins. The Battery Protect uses 600μA (which is basically nothing) when it is switched off.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

myshopsolaire avatar image
myshopsolaire answered ·

We are also interested by the answer for one of our client. How long the BP keep the program without battery connected ?

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic