question

peteyg avatar image
peteyg asked

Defective bmv-712?

I have a bmv-712 hooked up to a 100ah battleborn in my RV. BMV settings are as per the battleborn recommendations and I have all negative loads wired to the load side of the shunt. There is only 1 2/0 short cable running to the battery negative. I have a shore power charger and Victron mppt coming in on the positive side. The BMV will only display outgoing negative amp loads and will only display 0 amps when charging. I must manually sync to 100 once the battery has fully charged. Has anyone experienced this issue? I'm pretty sure I have a defective unit.

Under load

Plugged in to shore power and chargingshunt and battery

BMV Battery Monitor
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

in the manual that comes with the unit , reset the unit to factory default,

Then logon through the Victron app and make sure its also on the latest firmware.

see if it then works and the only settings to change would be the battery bank size from default 200 to 100 Amp Hrs

the charged voltage to say 13.8 volts or 0.1 volt under the max charged voltage setting on your charger

the phuket setting to 1.05

under the relay option turn the SOC off if left as is then the time to go will not be incorrect as it will be 50% out as this is a lead acid battery setting

and thats about it.

It should all then work fine

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic