question

jrflem avatar image
jrflem asked

BMV-712 Bluetooth antenna orientation

Currently I have a BMV-712 mounted in my RV battery compartment. The display faces horizontal. I only receive the BT signal in the coach with my phone laying on the RV floor. I am thinking that I may be able to rotate the head unit to obtain a better signal inside the coach.

In which direction does the BT signal transmit from the BMV-712 ?

BMV Battery Monitor
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

Hi, maybe a better solution is to add a ve direct Bluetooth dongle this way you can move the dongle around the RV to get the best reception, yes I know the 712 has built in Bluetooth,

But I am just trying to give you a work around to give you more range

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

jrflem avatar image
jrflem answered ·

Paul, From what I read - the dongle has only a 1.5m cable. I don't know the BT chip set or the circuit ability to drive a longer cable. Have you ever extended it? What is the maximum that should work.

thanks, john

1 comment
2 |3000

Paul B avatar image Paul B commented ·

you should be able to extend it by 5mtrs, and even that would be a suck and see situation

anyway even at 1.8 mtrs that may give you enough range on the bluetooth to get you the distance

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic