question

sailor-jerry avatar image
sailor-jerry asked

Multiplus fan turn on temp

I have searched all over trying to find out at what temperature the fan should come on while changing but have been able to find it. Recently my multiplus got up to 52deg C while charging at 50 amps without the fan coming on. At the end of the charge the inverter would not switch on and I couldn't go back to shore power as it didn't switch either. When try to switch between inverter and shore all of the lights would flash and then shut off. 30 minutes it finally came back to life. Since then I have not used the charger function in fear of a complete failure, I am in a remote bahia in Mexico so no access to a service center. Any ideas on this, is 52c without the fan acceptable? Also is there an assistant I can add that will make the fan run when ever I am charging, I would be happy to listen to the fan and know that it's cooling. Thanks

temperature
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

It definitely sound like there is an issue there. The fan should come on anytime the unit is working while inverting higher loads or heavy charging. On our 3KvA multi at home, on loads of about 1600W, at ambient temperature of 25% and in the morning when the batteries are charging off the solar when it is working over 1000W, the fans are running.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic